The Drown - Major Post Jam update!
First of all, thank you to everyone who played, rated and commented on our entry! We got a lot of valuable feedback and learned a lot, as always
While waiting for the results we have been hard at work to make a post jam update, and it is finally ready. It includes a lot of the features that did not make it into the jam version due to time constraints, but also a lot of changes that we got suggested from the Ludum Dare community. Below is a (pretty massive) change log.
CHANGE LOG The Drown (Post Jam update 1)
- Game modes
- Story mode (What play game used to be).
- Infinite mode (never ending waves).
- Able to move and shoot
- Stops when shooting shotgun
- Stops when shooting sniper
- Shooting animation slowed down by 20%
- Fixed a bug causing the first frame of attack animation to be displayed for only 10% of the intended time.
- Now has the ability to sprint, this makes the player move faster at the expense of no longer being able to shoot.
- Applies knock-back
- Fewer, more concentrated shots
- Increased screen shake amount
- “Aiming down sight”, your camera is zoomed out.
- “Zoom”- effect when shooting.
- Bullet starts at 0 speed, then shoots forward.
- Increased screen shake amount.
- AR & SMG
- Decreased the screen shake amount.
- Interactable during waves, not just between them.
- Now have a build duration, instead of being instantly created.
- Medibay is now cooldown based (60 seconds) instead of 1 time per wave.
- Repair-table is now cooldown based (100 seconds) instead of 1 time per wave.
- Gatlin turret HP increased to 20 (from 15).
- Shotgun turret HP increased to 20 (from 15).
- Build Mode
- You can move while having “build” targeting.
- Change restricted build area of all buildings from 2 to 1 tile.
- After building, you resume game.
- Left clicking while build-mode is active cancels the build.
- You can build during a wave, not just in-between them.
- “Interact” moved to RMB (from LMB).
- Hold [L-Shift] / [Spacebar] to sprint.
- Made the draw order calculation for NPC to be more exact.
- Melee enemy attack animation is now better synced.
- Added a new enemy: A final boss.
- The enemy-types that can be spawned by other enemies, can no longer spawn on their own.
- The two base enemies (standard melee and range) will now spawn more frequently. They each have a 1/3 chance to spawn (up from 1/7).
- The three stronger enemies are now less likely to spawn. They each have a 1/9 chance to spawn (down from 1/7).
- The final wave spawns the new boss unit.
- Fewer enemies in the first wave, but the enemy increase between each wave is higher.
- Barrel smoke effect after shooting with sniper.
- Bullet trail for all other weapons.
- When buildings are destroyed they break into pieces.
- Enemy death particles changed to fade out (instead of just disappearing instantly).
- Using the medibay now tints the player green for a moment to indicate they where healed.
- Using the repair-table now tints all buildings green for a moment to indicate they where repaired.
- Buildings now have an animation when they are constructed.
- Buildings now have an animation when they are destroyed.
- Added portraits to dialogue.
- Changed character highlight colors to match portrait color.
- Reactor now has a HP bar.
- NPC’s now have HP bars.
- Player has a new HP bar.
- The radar displays sprites of the buildings.
- The radar displays NPC’s and the player as circles, enemies as squares.
- Removed the HP bar above damaged NPC’s.
- NPC’s now always show their name.
- Added UI frame to the radar.
- Added a cooldown counter for the repair-table.
- Added a cooldown counter for the medibay.
- Credits are now displayed above the radar.
- A reminder on how to access the build menu [B] is now displayed above the radar.
- Added new voice lines for Groves taking damage.
- Added new voice lines for Patts taking damage.
- Added new voice lines for Falk taking damage.
- Added new voice line for Patts dying.
- Added new voice line for Groves being downed.
- Added new voice line for Falk being downed.
- Added reactor voice line for medibay being destroyed.
- Added reactor voice line for radar being destroyed.
- Added reactor voice line for weapon table being destroyed.
- Added reactor voice line for research lab being destroyed.
- Added reactor voice line for repair table being destroyed.
- Bug fixes
- The player can no longer heal above full HP.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to be able to move around in the tutorial with the shotgun knockback effect.
The update is now available to play at: https://windmillgames.itch.io/the-drown
(And if you actually read all of this — thank you! )
Get The Drown
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.